Saturday, May 28, 2005

Im Back!

DSL was here waiting on me! Took about 2 minutes to install and set up. I'm about 1/2 way moved. Still have to go back and get one more load. Maybe will go back this weekend and get it. Only problem was my mattresses will not fit in my truck. So I am looking for a rental on Memorial Day weekend. Yep, you got it...no luck so far.

On top of that got an email from Absolute Poker saying I had till the 9th to clear all the rest of my bonus. Got it to $95 left so I will be back there this week. Then I have to finish my freeroll newsletter for the members at 4flush.com.

All of a sudden, I have to slam some stuff in! Only been back a day but feels good to be home. Its funny, there has been obvious growth here in the last 5 years or so but all the road have the same name and lead to the same place they always do. Having the bulk of the move done and the familiarity of the surroundings has made me realize how tense I was getting leading up to this. I am much more relaxed now than I have been in about a month. I guess it is true: "There is no place like home".

I know this will have a positive effect on my playing. No, it's not going to change the cards I get or make me a poker guru, but I was getting bored with my play as of late and I think the change in the outside surroundings will be a good one.

Due to my TV not fitting in the car, I got to ride the 6 hour trip with it instead of my son. So during the silent trip, I got to reflect on how bonus chasing has really added a boost to my bankroll and helped me make it the months that poker was getting the best of me. It also got to think about how it possibly has had a negative effect on my game as a whole. I am working on putting this in a post and just thought I would bring it up now as a tease.

I would also like to take a second here and say thanks to all the veterns this Memorial Day. Many have sacrificed the ultimate price so I can sit here and enjoy my life. Thank you seems so inadequate but hopefully knowing you are remembered will be enough.

We cherish too, the Poppy red
That grows on fields where valor led,
It seems to signal to the skies
That blood of heroes never dies.

- Moina Michael


Till Next Time!

No comments: