Things I have learned playing PL Omaha H/L:
1) A2 is played like the “Holy Grail”.
2) Nobody considers their low could be quartered.
3) Patience! Patience! Patience!
4) A lot of people playing, very few understanding the game
5) Don’t let them chase the low.
6) Some will chase it anyway.
Been a VERY profitable run so far in my “new” game. I have really enjoyed it. I still find it uterly amazing how many people out there that will just throw their money at you. I am not winning every time I sit down but it is close to 90%. The betting patterns of these players are freakishly predictable.
Don't get me wrong now, there are a few here that really know what they are doing, I just stay away from them. For the most part though it is easy money. It is even amusing to see someone bet pot time and time again pre-flop and check the flop of all high cards over and over. Then berate you for calling down when they bluff.
Of course I am still playing the $50 buy in PL games so I am sure as I move up the players will get a little better. I can say though I am really enjoying playing again. Even finished in the money of a PLO8 2-table SnG on Stars.
Till Next Time!