The online poker room is currently holding qualifiers to narrow the list of potential Team Everest pros down to the top 20 competitors. Having proven their elite poker skills at that point, Everest Poker will then interview each of the top 20 poker players, cutting the field down to 10 exceptional players.
These 10 lucky poker pros will each receive a $100,000 contract with Everest Poker that will allow them entry to 8 major poker tournaments.
According to Everest Poker, while skills are definitely required, it is not enough. The online poker room is looking for players with integrity, personality and a true passion for the game.
Qualifiers have already begun as of this month, October 2007. Final auditions of the top 20 competitors are scheduled for March, 2008. The winners will receive the following poker event entries/prize package.
- European Poker Tour Season 4 Grand Final ($13,000 buy-in)
- World Series of Poker Main Event ($10,000 buy-in)
- Two World Series of Poker Side Events (2 x $2,500 buy-in)
- Two World Poker Tour Season 7 events (2 x $15,000 buy-in)
- Two European Poker Tour Season 5 events (2 x $10,500 buy-in)
- Plus $21,000 in cash for expenses