Friday, July 22, 2005

Getting There

I played a two table SnG at Poker Stars last night and about 20 or so hands in I started wondering about the quality of players there when I realized it was a limit SnG. Oops! In a way this helped though. I am a grinder who had played every SnG I have ever entered as NL. Why not start playing them where my strength lies?

Anyway, I opened a $2/$4 table to play also because I was in for a longer session than I had anticipated. I made the final table of the SnG and left the ring game -2. As you know top 4 pay and I as 4th in chips going in. At the risk of sounding arrogant, I played well and before I new it we were down to three. I was about even chip with second and behind 1st almost 2:1. First place was playing well and I didn't see him blowing that lead but thought I could get heads up with him and it would be fun.

Then I went out in third in two hands. KJs in SB raised the second place player and he calls. Hit J high flop and he calls me down with bottom pair(T7o) to river a gut shot straight. Then he types "Got Lucky" in chat box. Next hand 22 and I get all my money in on a all low RAINBOW flop and he calls me with Qh6h and rivers a queen.

I felt like Hellmuth, if it wasn't for luck I would have won it all. LOL. I enjoyed it though, enough to go play a little $1/$2 PLO8 afterwards. After a small victory there, I quit for the evening. It really felt good to play again.

There is a couple things that I have found I want to purchase for my little race cars and I told myself that poker will pay for it. So I have found a little motivation and maybe I can get back into the full swing of things again.

Since I feel like I should leave you with some meaningful information and I really don't have any, Felicia will save the day with this great site about strategy on all kinds of games. Great read, hope you enjoy it also.


Till Next Time!

No comments: