Tuesday, December 21, 2004

2 down 1 to go!

Knocked out Ultimate Bet and Interpoker bonuses. I will work on clearing AP tonight. Cleared bonus +++ at both sites so it was very profitable.

Found this at
ITH Forum about Full Tilt:


This bonus sounds good, but is nearly impossible to clear at low limits. I cleared $120 of the bonus and withdrew most of my money. Why? It took nearly 6100 hands to clear that $120. I played $1/$2 limit and four tabled most of the time. I had no problem finding a game, as there were normally 4-8 $1/$2 games going on at the same time. If you are going there for the bonus only, it is not worth it, unless you play higher limits


So I'm backing up again LOL!. Have a friend that said he will be depositing on Wednesday so I will wait and see how it goes.

My bankroll is a healthy $1300 and need just $500 more to be $3/$6 at end of year. Multi tabling $1/$2 has had its advantages and I don't feel like I have been on a good run, just good cards at the right time. Been up at one table and up or even at the other or even between the two. (Not counting the great IP run Friday night). I don't think I can reach $500 doing what I'm doing without a bonus. Not in a position to get Party's because it would take a few days to get it all in Neteller. So it looks like a have a choice: Risk a bad run and multi at $2/$4 or do what I am doing and get as close as I can. Leaning towards $2/$4. Being on a decent win streak, its hard to make that jump up. If it aint broke......., but it seems like the right move so I will decide for sure tonight.

Confidence is a funny thing. I'm not sure if it is another level of understanding I am at or just over-confidence or ego. Guess it remains to be seen but I have been down, sometimes big, lately and "feel" that it if I keep playing solid poker that this table will pay me off. I have been right most of the time. Last night is a perfect example. Was playing 2 tables and around even at both when both the tables changed with some new players coming in and I started getting "sucked out" on, sets beat by river straights, set over set, ect. River was KILLING me. Was down $50 at one table and $20 at other and it was getting late. With bonus I was only down $50 which I could live with but something kept telling me to stay. So i decided to extend my evening and hands started to hold up, draws started to come in and ended up even for the night after another 1 1/2 hours. I beleive I have started to recognize table dynamics a little better. I wasn't tired so I didn't play past my level of concentration and I wasn't tilting because I had resigned to the fact that I would have to make that money up in next session. (I rarely "table" tilt. Now I cuss,scream and hollow at computer and IM buddies :) but never capped 72os UTG because "everyone else is getting lucky") I have also just left after session knowing that a come back just didn't seem possible.

It seems I have gotten to the next level in the trusting of my own game. I realize some nights are just "not my night" and sometimes solid poker will come through for you in the end. It's a interesting feeling sitting at a table, down, and knowing its just a matter of time before you get your run. I'm not talking about cards evening out eventually, I'm talking about getting goods cards and getting beat and knowing, sometimes to the player(s) who I am going to get payed off from!

Oh well, enough rambling.

See you at the tables!



No comments: