Tuesday, December 14, 2004

New Experiences

First off: Welcome Back Vegas Tourney Bloggers. Sounds like most had a good time.

Second: For all those from
4Flush reading the site I have added one more Monday. JetSet is now on the calendar and they are offering a great 30% sign up bonus up to $225! Limited Time so hurry!

Well I have a couple new experiences for early this week. One is snow! Now for some you may laugh but this is out first for the year. Just a little dusting, perfect snow if you ask me, enough to know it did snow and gone in hours.

The other was multi tabling. As I posted last, I was going to do this at the $1/$2 tables instead of moving up. I have a wireless network setup at home and play off my laptop. So if I'm needed to vacate a room for family reasons I just get up and move. I have a spot I play in 99% of the time so I hooked up a 15" monitor I had in garage to see if it would do the job. Everything works seamlessly so with no more excuses, two tabling it was.

I first tried it at
Absolute Poker and I love the site, love the bonuses but damn the programming is bad. Lagged so much with two tables it was more frustrating than anything else. Was profitable $30 for the hour I hung in there. Since I am working off two bonuses, decided to go to UltimateBet and work on it. It worked great but the cards were crap. Lost -$23. So all in all was a great experience and finished up for the day.

At UB I had Ultimate History running. Its a auto HH program for UB you can get at
Poker Tracker Site (About half way down under UB) and Game Time Plus 1.3. Made life great. Auto HH's, auto PT updates and auto game time updates! I can see the need even more multi tabling. If you play UB the Auto HH is a must. Makes getting HH's cake!

I have bonus chased and played myself from $150 to $1200 in 6 weeks at $1/$2. So I am now at the BR to play $2/$4 again which was my attended goal. But atlas, all things change. $3/$6 is my new target by end of year. Then after that, bonus chasing will be over except for really good ones. I am hoping the Full Tilt will be the last one and put me over the top. OK, I'm iffy on the end of the year thing with Full Tilt, but will try and play enough.

By January I have to pick a home site.

Now
Party Poker I know is the popular choice as well as its skins so that is obviously top two choice, the other is Ultimate Bet. If you haven't played UB there are about 12,000 a nite their and have great software. Game and tourney selections are also good. I guess you can compare Party like fishing in an ocean and UB fishing in a big lake! I'm not sure I can afford deep sea fishing yet.

Till next time:

"Whether he likes it or not, a man's character is stripped bare at the poker table; if the other players read him better than he does, he has only himself to blame. Unless he is both able and prepared to see himself as others do, flaws and all, he will be a loser in cards, as in life." -- Anthony Holden (from "Big Deal")


No comments: