Thursday, May 05, 2005

Next Step and More



Reader and blogger WSOP Satellite New Site! Very Special offer if you sign up through Iggy so go show some support.

WPBT WSOP Satellite Tournament
Noble Poker
Wednesday, May 11th, 9PM EST
$30 +3
No-Limit
Password: dahammer

What I learned from Iggy today:

"A pig's orgasm lasts 30 minutes"


And you thought it was just a poker blog!! Go check it out yourself.

~~~~~~~~~~

What a ROFL read then thought pondering "My God this really happened!" : AlCantHang Florida Keys trip report.

~~~~~~~~~~

For me, I'm thinking about the next step in my PLO8 journey. I have finished ITM in 5 of 6 $1 MTT's with one final table and have finished INM in 4 of 6 PLO8 $2.25 SnG's over the last two nights. Now, the money won has been limited due to the stakes I have been playing but I think I now have a grasp of the game and ready to move on to some cash games. I haven't decided if it will be limit or PL cash games yet, leaning towards low stakes PL though just to get a feel for the ring atmosphere before I move up to what my bank roll can handle.

I'm still grinding away at the bonuses from MARCH. All is going well, I have avoided the last couple reloads at Absolute Poker (Bonus Code:AP35) so I can get done what I have. I'm just not a one site guy. Two sites maybe three. There is nothing wrong with AP and I am doing well, just need a change. I just get tired of the same old interface all the time, and since I have some many choices......let’s use them. I have not had trouble finding a fishy enough game at any site so why not have variety.

Adding PLO8 has helped a lot with variety also. One of the issues I have had lately playing full time is that it was always Holdem. Only game I am proficient in. I went to NL for a while which helped but all in all it was still the same game. So soon I will have another avenue to play and can switch from Omaha to Holdem.

Since I brought it up, poker for a living is going well. I am not going to go into any major rambling as to whether it is a good or bad choice here. Just that for me, I am holding up my end of the bargain. Paying my share of bills and still building my roll. Some months it grows a little and some months a lot, that’s the nature of the game. I am enjoying the overall experience and that is what’s important. (Besides the money) I will have to mention one downside....this house husband stuff sucks! Doing cloths, dishes, cleaning, dusting and so on, I mean damn it never ends. I always appreciated what my wife did "behind the scenes" but I now have an even more respect for how she kept it all up!

Bet some of you out there in cubical land with a boss over your shoulder and looming deadlines are sticking your middle finger up at me now. Man, I have pressure too! Kids, clean clothes, trash, should I get dressed, what’s for dinner and wondering if my TPTK is going to hold up. This life is not for the weak at heart, sometimes I need a nap!

OK, as some say up here in the mountains, "Nuff Funnin". Since I haven't left you with any points to ponder lately, try this:


"If quitters never win, and winners never quit, what fool came up with, "Quit while you're ahead"?"


Till Next Time!

No comments: