Saturday, April 30, 2005

Another New Experience



As I pay my final dues to the bonus police at AP, (at least till next email saying get it now or else) I am playing $1/$2 trying to get raked hands in when a friend stops by, Dorian, says Hi and proceeds to a 7 stud H/L table. The table I was at had just filled up so I was feeling it out and I was doing OK until I got TT vs. JJ vs. QQ and was stuck. So my short "just clear the next bonus level" session just got longer. I pulled up Dorian's table and was watching. I got back to even eventually and the curiosity got to me.

I sat at a .25/.50 7 card stud H/L table. I figured I couldn't go to wrong at this level. I couldn't help but to think of Felicia as my first cards were dealt. The long and short of it was I split my first hand, got down $4 and ended up +$2. As most have read, Omaha H/L is my game I am trying to expand to next. So 7 stud may have to wait BUT it was fun to play. Almost say it was addicting after a while. A "pay attention" game for sure. Knowing what cards were folded is a very apparant plus. After a hour or so of .25/.50 7 stud H/L, I have no great wisdom to past on except that it made a big enough impression to play again.

~~~~~~~~~~

Couple thing before I go:

WPBT WSOP Satellite Tournament
Poker Stars
May 1st, 7pm EST
$30 + 3 No-limit
One WSOP seat awarded for every 50 players
Password = the same as last time

Find out what sites are offering what as far as WSOP Qualifiers: WSOP Reports

Till Next Time!

No comments: