Friday, December 10, 2004

Great Ending to Week

After that horrible $96 plunge at AP first of week, I am back and ahead going into weekend. Got to post this hand. It epitomizes the turn around from 1st of the week. Lucky? Seems like it at the end but at the time I thought I was getting the best of it.

A little set up. According to Game Time +, table as a whole was 17% and only 31% going to showdown. It was TIGHT! Pre flop raises were folded to or called and folded to on flop. After about 12 hands or so I decide to start to take some chances and see if I could hit and this happens:

Ultimate Bet 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: 4Flush is MP2 with 7s, 7c. MP3 posts a blind of $1. UTG folds, UTG+1 raises, MP1 folds, 4Flush calls, MP3 (poster) folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls. Decide to take a shot here

Flop: (9.50 SB) 7h, 6s, Qh (4 players) Alright I hit!

BB checks, UTG+1 bets, 4Flush calls, CO calls, BB folds. Lets see if I can make it pay

Turn: (6.25 BB) 6h (3 players)UTG+1 bets, 4Flush calls, CO raises, UTG+1 calls, 4Flush 3-bets, CO calls, UTG+1 caps, 4Flush calls, CO calls. YES! Now I have flush on hook and AA/KK!

River: (18.25 BB) 7d (3 players)UTG+1 bets, 4Flush raises, CO calls, UTG+1 3-bets, 4Flush caps, CO calls, UTG+1 calls. Icing on the cake

Final Pot: 30.25
Results below: UTG+1 has Qs Qd (full house, queens full of sevens). HOLY CRAP! I was behind the whole time!!!!! 4Flush has 7s 7c (four of a kind, sevens). CO has Th 9h (flush, queen high).

Outcome: 4Flush wins 30.25 BB. Breathing harder but Cha Ching!

OK, QQ should have at least came in my head but it didn't. I had him on AA/KK and other of flush. Well, I got one right and looks like I got lucky with 1 outer on the other.

I am now REAL close to $2/$4 bankroll again. I think that I am going to multi table $1/$2 next though. I have an old monitor I hooked up to lap top and working on getting used to having both. I like it. Not just for poker but for web updates and blog updates, nice to have links on one monitor and working on other. Any how....'nuff rambling.


With all that excitement and the cards going good and almost back to were I was before the lap top buy, I still find myself in a bluh mood. I enjoy playing and I'm passionate about playing still, but find myself having to will myself to sit down. Once I do, game on and I'm OK. So going to sit this Friday out. I'll be back for the
Bet365 $5000 freeroll Saturday (2pm EST). Signed up already, hopefully this time I will remember to play!!!!

Looks like all is a go for Full Tilt. I got no comments or emails saying it was a terrible move so that what's in the horizon. I'm not taking the whole roll there, just the $600 to max $600 so it will be $1/$2 while I'm there. Will keep all of you posted how fast the bonus is coming. So stay tuned!

Saturday will be the $5000 tourney then going to play the UB $5 MTT that night. A friend says it is easy so I will give it a try. Hopefully I will have at least 1 monied MTT to post about.

Till then:

Have you hugged a fish today?



No comments: